The vision of the Fondation Massawippi Foundation (FMF) for the next ten years.
Application deadline has been extended to midnight, Friday, July 23rd.
To support our vision for a green and prosperous Massawippi Valley, we are looking to expand our conservation efforts from only focusing on our rich forests to include various other types of ecologically vital lands. The Massawippi Foundation and Massawippi Conservation Trust are joining the worldwide movement toward enhancing the agroecosystem resilience for a sustainable agricultural production. We feel that conservation also includes how we use our land – we will advocate for agri-environmental farming practices to keep our soil healthy, ways to preserve the biodiversity of insects, birds and plants, and ways we can all protect streams in order to improve the health of our lake, the health of our farms and their produce and ultimately the quality of life for all who live here.
Two prizes of $10,000 each will be awarded to a certified organic farm and a conventional farm.
Deadlines: July 23, 2021 by regular mail
July 23, 2021 at midnight for online applications
Note: You have the option to download and complete a Word DOC version this form and return it to us by email: [email protected]
or by mail: Fondation Massawippi Foundation P.O. Box 2582 North Hatley, Qc. J0B 2C0.
Applications which are mailed in must be post marked no later than July 23, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
*Applications must comply with the rules of the competition (see below).
- Applicant must be an individual or enterprise located in the following geographic region: Ayer’s Cliff, Barnston West, Canton de Hatley, Coaticook (north of the 141 and west of the 147), Compton, Hatley, North Hatley, Ogden, Sainte-Catherine-de-Hatley, Stanstead, Stanstead East, and Waterville (see the green area on map below).
- Applicant must self-identify whether their business/farm is certified organic or not. If your farm is certified organic, by which organization was it certified?
- Applicant must complete the form attached, and submit it electronically to [email protected] by July 18, 2021 at midnight.
- Applicant wishing to complete the paper form, must mail it to Massawippi Foundation C.P. 2582 North Hatley, Qc J0B 2C0. The completed form must be postmarked no later than July 16, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of three experts, with no conflict of interest with any of the applicants, who have been appointed by Massawippi Foundation board members
- Winning applicants will be informed in mid August. They must agree to 1) agree to have the information they submitted made public (media attention, press release, etc), and 2) keep the winning secret until Massawippi Foundation releases the information publicly
- Winning applicants will be invited to Massawippi Foundation’s Farm-to-Table Luncheon on September 1, 2021 – where the award will be presented.